#MeetYourChurchStaffMonday – A Social Media Campaign for Churches
A unique way to introduce the staff at Your Church is through a social media campaign #MeetYourChurchStaffMonday. Churches who have implemented this type of campaign report that they get great interaction and people will frequently comment on how helpful and nice it is for them to know the names, faces, job titles, and duties of Your Church staff.
Some of the things that you can consider in your #MeetYourChurchStaffMonday campaign is asking questions like
- What’s their job title at Your Church?
- What are the main things they do as part of their job?
- How long have they been at Your Church?
- What’s their favorite things to do in your town?
- What’s their favorite restaurant in your city?
- What’s their favorite hidden gem in your community?
- Even better: ask about their hobbies or some unique or fun fact that other people may not know about them.
- Have their picture taken somewhere on Your Church campus to include with the post, as this could have even bigger impact with your followers.
Another idea is a quick video explanation of what they do for Your Church, and maybe a bit about their personal lives. Video is very powerful. When people see faces and hear voices they become more emotionally connected to that person.
Additionally, it would be super smart to archive these old staff posts so that new visitors looking around your social media sites can easily find them.
A great way to show that it’s not just staff that keeps Your Church running
As we all know Your Church is about much more than just paid staff. Why not include different ministries or volunteers within Your Church? This is a great opportunity to showcase that everyone from the nursery volunteer to the parking attendant is an important part of Your Church.
Since volunteers and ministry leaders are a big part of what happens at Your Church, you can really leverage this opportunity by having them answer questions like
How long have they been at Your Church?
What’s their favorite part about serving with Your Church?
What’s their favorite Church memory?
Using a social media campaign such as #MeetYourChurchStaffMonday will provide original, engaging content for most churches for at least six months. Why not try this at Your Church this year?